Syria’s Agony: The Photographs That Moved Them Most

Hussein Malla



"As a photojournalist, I was always determined to cover the events in Syria, and went to the Lebanon-Syria border several times. During my last trip, in late May, I was doing a feature about Syrian refugees and suddenly saw a van drop an injured man at the entrance of the Lebanese Red Cross point. The injured man was shot in the leg and was screaming, 'Go to the river! There are more injured people!' A few minutes later, another van came with two Syrian women, one with neck injuries and one carrying her injured son. The family were shot at by Syrian border guards as they crossed the river. I chose this picture because it represents a big part of the suffering that the Syrian people are being subjected to every day. I am always determined to go back to cover the misery in Syria. 

I covered the Syrian uprising when it started in March 2011. I was in the southern city of Dara'a, where the uprising started, and was later briefly detained and beaten up by pro-government gunmen in the coastal city of Latakia. Later I was ordered by Syrian authorities to leave the country, and I was rejected twice when I applied for a journalist visa."


Fonte: Time

Commenti

AIUTIAMO I BAMBINI DELLA SCUOLA DI AL HIKMA

Post più popolari

facebook